Are you a senior or family member looking to sign up for Amazon Prime? I will explain who is entitled to a discount and show you how to redeem it! Read more now!
Do Seniors Get A Discount On Amazon Prime?
- In order to get a discount on Amazon Prime as a senior, you must have a valid EBT Card or are on Medicaid. You can get a big discount on Amazon Prime which will only cost $5.99 per month.
- There are plenty of other senior citizen discounts I encourage you to check out. Here is a list of 10 senior discounts to look at after you read this article.
How Much Is Amazon Prime For Seniors?
The original cost of Amazon Prime is $12.99 but if you qualify, you can get if for the cost of $5.99 per month. This is really helpful for senior citizens with diminishing retirement funds.
Once again, If you have a valid EBT card, you are eligible for the Amazon Prime Discount. Your EBT card qualifies you for Amazon Prime at just $5.99 a month.
Unfortunately, Amazon Prime is not free for seniors. It will cost $12.99 per month before the discount and $5.99 per month after the Senior Citizen Discount is applied. Wouldn't it be great if you could have a free account? Well, you can sign up for a free Amazon Business Account!
You can either qualify using your EBT information or your Medicaid information.
So let's say that you wanted to use your EBT. You would just enter in your EBT number, choose your issuing state and upload an image of your card.
It's pretty similar for signing up with Medicaid. You can send a one time password and then verify your account in that way. Then, you will enter your medicaid information.
ENJOY your senior discount and free 30 day Amazon Prime Trial!
What else comes with Amazon Prime?
There are so many perks but here are some of our favorites:
- Free 1-day shipping on millions of items, with no minimum purchase. Even if you buy a $5 book, it’ll arrive in 24 hours.
- Free same-day delivery Some cities get a free same-day (or one-day) shipping on orders over $35 made before 9 a.m. Orders made after 9 a.m. for these cities can get next-day free shipping.
- Access to Amazon Video: Prime Video is a video streaming service available for Amazon Prime members. With an eligible Amazon Prime membership, you have access to thousands of Prime Video titles at no additional cost.
- Prime Reading: This service allows you to borrow more than 1,000 books, magazines, and comics, and doesn’t require a Kindle (though you do need the Kindle app.) You’re allowed to borrow 10 at a time for free.
- Prime Discount at Whole Foods: For Prime members, shopping at Whole Foods comes with a 10% discount on sale items and select weekly best-sellers.