Are you a senior or family member looking to sign up for Amazon Prime? Don't miss out on your discount which is almost 50% OFF the regular price of Amazon Prime. I will explain who is entitled to a discount and show you how to redeem it!
First, What is Amazon Prime?
It's a subscription service that gives members access to a variety of Amazon perks. Benefits include expedited 2-day shipping, access to Amazon Prime Day deals, and many other Amazon-specific benefits. There are so many perks but here are some of our favorites:
- Free 1-day shipping on millions of items, with no minimum purchase. Even if you buy a $5 book, it’ll arrive in 24 hours.
- Free same-day delivery Some cities get a free same-day (or one-day) shipping on orders over $35 made before 9 a.m. Orders made after 9 a.m. for these cities can get next-day free shipping.
- Access to Amazon Video: Prime Video is a video streaming service available for Amazon Prime members. With an eligible Amazon Prime membership, you have access to thousands of Prime Video titles at no additional cost.
- Prime Reading: This service allows you to borrow more than 1,000 books, magazines, and comics, and doesn’t require a Kindle (though you do need the Kindle app.) You’re allowed to borrow 10 at a time for free.
- Prime Discount at Whole Foods: For Prime members, shopping at Whole Foods comes with a 10% discount on sale items and select weekly best-sellers.
Amazon Prime Discount for Seniors
If you are a senior with a valid EBT Card or are on Medicaid, you can get a big discount on Amazon Prime.
If you have a valid EBT card, you are eligible for the Amazon Prime Discount. Your EBT card qualifies you for Amazon Prime at just $5.99 a month.
Here are some of the government programs that issue EBT cards:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or Food Stamps)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
If you receive medicaid, you are eligible for Amazon Prime at $5.99 a month for up to 48 months.
You must re-qualify every 12 months by providing your proof of an EBT card or Medicaid. You must upload an image of your Medicaid card and confirm that it’s current and valid.
How To Sign Up For Free Trial Of Amazon Prime + Get Free Senior Discount!
Click "Sign up for Amazon senior discount". It'll bring you to the Amazon Prime senior discount page and you can just click Get started.
You can either qualify using your EBT information or your Medicaid information.
So let's say that you wanted to use your EBT. You would just enter in your EBT number, choose your issuing state and upload an image of your card.
It's pretty similar for signing up with Medicaid. You can send a one time password and then verify your account in that way. Then, you will enter your medicaid information.
ENJOY your senior discount and free 30 day Amazon Prime Trial!