Hello. You may be curious about the process of gifting an audible membership or buying an audiobook for a loved one. Today, I am going to walk you through what Audible is, how to set up an Audible Gift Membership, and key mistakes you should avoid!
Audio books make great gifts because you don’t even have to leave your house to get them! They are great to listen to while commuting to work, cleaning the house, or just relaxing. Now you have an easy guide to throw at loved ones on how to gift an Audible book as well.
For those of you who don’t already subscribe to Audible, there is only one way to gift audiobooks. It might look a little confusing at first. You have to go through Audible Gift Center. When you get there, it gives you the option to gift someone a membership for 3 months, 6 months, or a year.
How To Gift an Audible Membership In 5 Steps
1. To gift an Audible membership, go to Audible Membership Gift Page on Amazon and select the membership plan you would like to gift. Many people wonder if you can gift audible credits. The answer is yes, different monthly plans have different quantities of credits. You can choose from four available membership plans. The 3-month plan will be selected by default. You can change your plan to 1 month, 6 months, or 12 months duration.
- 1-Month Plan: Costs $15 for 1 credit. The recipient gets 1 audiobook and 2 Audible originals.
- 3-Month Plan: Costs $45 for 3 credits. The recipient gets 3 audiobooks and 6 Audible Originals.
- 6-Month Plan: Costs $90 for 6 credits. The recipient gets 6 audiobooks and 12 Audible Originals.
- 12-Month Plan: Costs $150 for 12 credits. The recipient gets 12 audiobooks and 24 Audible originals.
2. You will now land on the ‘Personalize’ section where you will have to choose between two delivery methods – Email or Print. If you choose the Email method, your gift will be sent by Amazon directly into the recipient email address. And if you choose Print, you will have to print it and deliver it yourself.
3. Next, fill out all the delivery details like recipient name, email, delivery date, etc. and choose a design from the ‘Customize design section’. You can choose from a number of available designs and texts as shown in the screenshot above.
4. To preview the design and layout of your Audible membership gift, click on the ‘Click to preview’ link. A pop up will appear with the preview as shown below.
5. Close the preview and click on the ‘Continue to checkout’ button on the upper right or lower right corner. A purchase confirmation page will appear. Now, choose your Payment Method and Billing Address and click on ‘Confirm your purchase’.
Can I gift an audible book?
Yes you can! You can use your credits to give audiobooks to friends or family members. To give someone special the gift of a great listen, follow these steps:
- Find the audiobook you want to purchase as a gift. On the audiobook's summary page, click Give as a gift next to the purchase options.
- Choose how you want to send your gift - either through an email or as a printable card. Fill in the blank spaces provided and click Continue.
- Review the information you added and click Buy Now with 1 Credit.
- Click Confirm Purchase to finalize your purchase.
Can I send an audible book to someone else?
Yes this is also possible. You can share your audiobook with someone else easily and quickly.
- To share an Audible book with a friend, just open your Audible app and push the “My Library” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Find the Audible audiobook that you want to share and tap the three dots to the right of the title.
- One of the options that pops up will be “Send this Book.
- Tap that and it’ll give you the option to email or text the download link to whatever friend you’d like.
If you are purchasing for someone who already had an Audible account, this means you can give them 3, 6, or 12 additional credits to use. One credit equals one audiobook. If the person you are purchasing for doesn’t have a membership, then this gift allows them all the perks of membership for the duration of the gift you buy. Win, win! This is the only gifting option Audible offers at the time of the writing of this article.
For those of you who are already members, the gift giving options are the same. You can use the above link, or you can navigate through your account. First log into Audible with your username and password. Then hover your cursor over your account at the top of the page and continue on the drop down menu to the fourth option “Gift Center.” This will take you to the same three membership options of 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months. Unfortunately, there’s no way to buy or give gifts through the Audible app.
Wondering where you can buy Audible gift cards?
You can’t at this time. You also can’t buy gift cards for Audible through Amazon.
Warning! Do not go to Amazon and search for Audible gift cards! You’ll get an option that looks legitimate but will only take you back to the Audible website instead of the Gift Center.
So that’s it! The link above will take both members and non-members to the right place to purchase memberships for the audiophile in your life. Do yourself a favor and get a thoughtful gift for your family and friends. To get started, visit the Amazon Audible Gift Membership Page.