Buying clothes online is now easier and more convenient than ever. Shopping in person can be very difficult because there are so many clothes to sift through in order to find what you like. Plus, it can be unsanitary to try on the same clothes 20 other people just touched and tried on. Amazon has changed the game with their service called Amazon Prime Wardrobe.
In person shopping takes too long and is inconvenient. So, I recently started buying clothes from different clothing subscription websites like Amazon and Stitchfix. Amazon Prime Wardrobe is the best way to shop a wide variety of affordable clothing.Table of contents:
- What is Amazon Prime Wardrobe?
- How does Prime Wardrobe work?
- How much does Prime Wardrobe cost?
- How to sign up for Amazon Prime Wardrobe?
- Amazon Prime Wardrobe review
What is Amazon Prime Wardrobe?
Prime Wardrobe is a program for Prime Members where you can try on clothing before you buy it. Prime Wardrobe lets you try on clothing from different departments like women’s, men’s, kids’, and baby clothing, shoes, and accessories.
You will get seven days to wear the items at home and you will only be charged for the items you decide to keep. With Prime Wardrobe, you won't have to pay until you've decided what clothing you want to keep, but with original Amazon orders, you would pay for the item and then get a refund on the items you return.
With Prime Wardrobe you are in charge of your wardrobe & outfits. I like being in charge of the clothes that I choose to wear so that is why I am a big advocate for Amazon Prime Wardrobe. Most other clothing subscription companies pick what clothes you receive, so you don't actually get to pick what you want to try on.
How does Prime Wardrobe work?
Amazon Prime Wardrobe is very convenient to use and easy to set up. Here is how Prime Wardrobe works.
- Go to Amazon Prime Wardrobe website.
- Shop around and find the clothing you want to try on.
- You can choose up to 8 clothing items (shoes, jackets, accessories, pants...) and instead of clicking add to cart, click "Try before you buy".
- After you receive the items, you will have a 7 day window to try on the clothing and decide what to keep.
- Go back to Amazon and choose what products you are going to keep and which products you want to return.
- You will only pay for the products you keep and then Amazon will send you a return label to return the products you aren't interested in keeping.
That is how Amazon Prime Wardrobe works! It is a great service that is free for all Amazon Prime Members.
How much does Prime Wardrobe cost?
There are a few different costs associated with Amazon Prime Wardrobe depending on your membership status for Amazon. You can get a discount on Prime Wardrobe if you are a senior citizen.
For Non Amazon Prime Customers: Free (30 Day Free Trial)
This exclusive service is only available for Amazon Prime customers. However, I am able to give you access to a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime.
For Amazon Prime Customers: Free
If you are an Amazon Prime member and just want to use the Prime Wardrobe service, it is free!
For Personal Shopper Program: $4.99/ Month
The personal shopper program is Amazon's styling service where you get paired with a style expert who picks out clothes for you. This is cheaper than Stitchfix where you have to pay $20 to get assigned to a stylist. Here is everything you need to know about the personal shopper program on Amazon. You can only sign up on your mobile device.
How to sign up for Amazon Prime Wardrobe
It's quite simple to sign up for Amazon Prime Wardrobe. If you are an Amazon Prime Customer, then you are already able to try clothes on by using Amazon Prime Wardrobe. If you are not an Amazon Prime Member but want to try Prime Wardrobe for free, you can start your 30 day free trial today.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Amazon Prime Wardrobe - My Review
I tried Amazon Prime Wardrobe and found some pros and cons of the service.
Pros of using Prime Wardrobe:
- I get free shipping and returns because I am an Amazon Prime Member. I have bought clothes from Ebay, Grailed, Asos and other websites online. One of the best parts of using Amazon is the free shipping!
- I can try on clothes in the comfort of my own house. I am not a fan of going to malls and trying on the same clothes other people just wore. It doesn't feel sanitary and I like to be extra careful because of Covid.
- It allows me to try on multiple sizes at once without paying for everything up front. One of the common ways to shop is to buy everything at once and then return the clothes I don't want. However, sometimes I don't have the money in my bank account to do that and I would prefer to only pay for what I keep.
- I make way less impulse purchases with Prime Wardrobe. When I bought with Prime Wardrobe, I had to take my time and consider what clothing I actually thought would look good and fit well. Sometimes on other sites, it is easy to just buy multiple things at once and then avoid returning things out of laziness.
- The cost on Prime Wardrobe is very affordable. I bought some clothes for casual wear and my bill was a lot lower than I expected. Amazon has a lot of great deals online right now. You can also find greats deals with Amazon Business.
Cons of using Prime Wardrobe:
They don't have all the brands that are in style. I have been really into streetwear recently but I found that Amazon has a limited selection of trendy, streetwear clothing. So, I just buy my basics from Prime Wardrobe and I buy the expensive streetwear from other websites.
- You have to be a Prime Member to use Prime Wardrobe. There are a lot of Prime membership perks so I guess that makes sense that Prime Wardrobe is exclusively for members. It would be nice if you could buy a Prime Wardrobe membership but they don't offer that.
- Sometimes I miss shopping in person. The world is moving online but sometimes, it is fun to go to the mall with your friends and hang out. With Prime Wardrobe, it isn't really the same fun in person experience but it is a convenient way to shop.
- A lot of excess packaging materials and plastic. Because Amazon is shipping these clothes through the mail they want to make sure nothing gets damaged. However, they use a lot of bubble wrap and plastic packaging which feels like a waste of resources.
- Returns can cause a lot of carbon emissions. It is important to shop responsibly and try to avoid harming the planet. Amazon Prime Wardrobe is built off of a business model of returning items. The back and forth transit of materials causes a lot of carbon emissions in our atmosphere.
Overall, Prime Wardrobe has its advantages and disadvantages. I would recommend trying this service out to see if you like it. It is very convenient and I wouldn't be surprised if other companies started their own version of this service.